Being part of the Alaskan Brew Crew is more than a job-it's a lifestyle. Alaskan Brewing Co. offers career opportunities with growth potential to talented, energetic and creative individuals who have a passion for life and work. Every member of the Brew Crew enthusiastically contributes to the quality, customer satisfaction and development of the company's brands, the craft brewing industry and the local community. The following departments comprise Alaskan Brewing: Brewing, Packaging, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Maintenance, Human Resources and Marketing and Sales.
Alaskan Brewing Co. offers paid holidays and vacation, health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and opportunity for personal growth and professional development.
Seasonal Delivery Driver Assistant
Join our summer BrewCrew team working in coordination with the Southeast Sales department to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient delivery of product. We are looking for individuals with merchandizing experience. Having forklift experience is preferred. Candidates must be enthusiastic, love working in a team environment, and have valid driver’s license. This is an hourly, seasonal position normally working Monday – Friday.
Please fill out our application then drop it off at our application drop box at 5429 Shaune Dr., Juneau or send it to email@example.com by April 1.
A Packager is responsible for running packaging equipment safely and efficiently. Packagers will be expected to work the bottling line, canning line, variety pack line and kegging line. They are responsible for a variety of cleaning duties and light maintenance tasks. Packagers work in rotating shifts: Day, Mid, Swing and Graveyard depending on the packaging line assigned by the Packaging Supervisor or Manager. Shifts and work days may be altered at any time based upon production needs, but will normally include a 40 hour work week with consecutive days off. Overtime may be required as needed.
· Load and unload vans with forklift and pallet jacks.
· Set up, operate, and clean all canning, variety pack and bottling line equipment as directed, and perform light maintenance as needed.
· Set up, operate, and clean the kegging line as directed and perform light maintenance as needed.
· Report equipment malfunctions or anomalies, or loss of efficient operation to maintenance or packaging supervisors immediately.
· Ability to accurately and legibly fill out bottling and kegging logs.
· Cleaning of equipment, building and floors. Must keep work area clean at all times.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform quality control procedures and processes including product code dating, beer approval tasting, and finish product examination and testing.
· Packaging requires teamwork. This includes the ability and willingness to perform different tasks depending on the needs of the team, as well as the ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with others for the overall good of the team.
· Packaging typically requires repetitive work in a noisy environment.
· Packaging requires using potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals.
· Packaging work is sometimes physically demanding and requires working under the time pressures of a fast paced assembly-line.
· Packaging requires cleanliness of work areas to maintain food quality standards.
· Packaging involves moving machinery which can be hazardous to personnel, safety awareness and compliance is expected.
Knowledge or Skills:
· Prior Forklift knowledge is desired not required.
· Knowledge of packaging technology and techniques preferred.
If you are interested in having fun while growing with one of the top 20 craft breweries in the country, please submit this application to HR@alaskanbeer.com. This position recruitment closes on Wednesday, April 1.
Key Account Manager - Michigan
Join an award winning craft brewer as an integral member of our sales team responsible for our chain management in Michigan.
The Key Account Manager’s principal focus is to:
· Develop relationships with key off premise customers to drive distribution, execute programs and improve visibility.
The Key Account Manager’s responsibilities include:
· Support marketing strategy, brand standards and brand programs in the universe of accounts.
· Execute wholesaler, bartender, and customer service team education & outreach programs.
· Establish/maintain relationships with key establishment (off and on-premise) managers to facilitate new points of distribution and depletion growth, as well as store buyers.
· Identify/help fill distribution gaps.
· Work with Sales Representative, Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers to verify off-premise displays and ad activity are being executed by distributor network.
· Key Account Managers are held accountable for significant data analysis requirements to support “pitches”, chain reporting, as well as cost/benefit analyses of new proposals.
· Key Account Managers are required to prepare and present effective proposals to small or large groups of stakeholders including distributor teams, chain teams, chain buyers, and brewery management.
Sales Position requirements
· 2-5 years of prior key account chain management in the beer industry required;
· Must furnish own vehicle and office space in residence.
· Current driver’s license with excellent driving record.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills are required in order to prioritize work and improve efficiencies.
· Strong interpersonal skills are required and the ability to adapt and move within many diverse consumer, retailer, and business groups.
· Strong critical thinking and judgment skills.
Special knowledge and skills
· Passionate about the craft beer industry and the Alaskan portfolio.
· Professional, responsible and able to work independently.
· Customer driven and consumer focused, able to translate strategy into action and make things happen.
· Proactive and solutions oriented.
· Ability to sell, influence and partner with customers and co-workers.
· Demonstrated public-speaking, presentation and writing skills
· Ability to manage budgets and provide timely, concise reporting.
If you are interested in having fun while growing with one of the top 20 craft breweries in the country, please submit your resume to HR@alaskanbeer.com. This position recruitment closes on Wednesday, April 1.
Seasonal Customer Service Rep
Join our summer BrewCrew team working in hospitality and tourism. We are looking for individuals with prior retail and public speaking experience to work our retail locations this summer. Candidates must be enthusiastic, love working in a team environment, able to work in a fast past environment, and have basic computer knowledge. Weekend and evening work may be required. We are a brewery so you must be 21 to apply. This is a seasonal position, ending on 9/30. Please fill out our application then drop it off at 5429 Shaune Dr., Juneau or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you would like to send a resume for any position to us, please write to the address below.
Pick up an application at the the Alaskan Brewery or download the application below:
Alaskan Brewing Co.
5429 Shaune Dr.
Juneau, AK 99801
Attn: Human Resources
All applications/resumes will be held for three (3) months. Applicants are welcome to reapply at the end of the three-month period.